- Download the song and LISTEN to it
- CREATE drum beats and fills for it*
- Then RECORD and film yourself playing it
- Submit your video to us, and we will upload it to a safe, private link**
- Share the private link with friends and family to get likes / votes
- The video that gets the most likes / votes then wins a filmed recording session at my studio to record your performance professionally***
* You don’t even need a drum kit, you can use your practice pad or get creative with household items as drums!
** Submit the video by sending to me via Whatsapp, or send it via WeTransfer
*** This will be scheduled for when it is safer to do, and will adhere to health and safety, and social distancing rules
The sash starts today, Oct. 19th and you have two weeks to complete it. And, You can create, and film yourself anywhere you like.
TIPS TO HELP YOU
- The song’s structure and different parts (i.e. verses, choruses, middle section)
- Dynamics (i.e. the quiet and loud bits)
- Be musical. Play grooves that move compliment the song, and fills that help transition between sections, or add some flare to your performance
- Make sure that you play in time to the song
- What if I don’t have a drum kit? That’s OK. You can get creative with household stuff to come up with your beats
- What if I don’t want my child in a video on YouTube? That’s fully understandable, which is why we’re doing everything through a private link that you will have control over via password. Other options include perhaps filming your child from the back so their face isn’t showing, or alternatively, you can send us the video and we’ll overlay an image on top of the video so that only the audio comes through
DOWNLOAD THE SONG
If you have any questions, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org as that way Tricia and I will see them.
Enjoy and good luck!